Here you find some useful information for your travel preparations
Any foreign travelers can book a package holiday to Bhutan through us. We will provide you with all the information you require upon writing to us.
The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan and this must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
The minimum tariff for tourist visiting in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows: High Season Tariff – USD$ 250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
Low Season Tariff – USD$200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
The minimum price includes:
- All internal taxes and charges (including the royalty)
- All Meals
- All travel with a licensed Bhutanese Tour Guide
- All Internal Transport
- Camping Equipment and Haulage for Trekking Tours
The rates given above are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan. On the day of departure, Druk Eye Tours & Travels shall be limited to breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on actual basis. The rates shall apply uniformly irrespective of locations and the type of accommodation provided/asked for. The hotels, resorts and lodges provided by us are approved for international tourist accommodation by TCB (Tourism Council of Bhutan, www.tourism.gov.bt) and are minimum standard of three stars.
The government of Bhutan has fixed surcharges, over and above the minimum daily rates applicable, for Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons as follows:
- Single individual US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons US$ 30 per person per night
- a) With effect from 01/07/2009, the government has revoked the 25% discount on Diplomatic visas.
- b) There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years. However, those between the ages of 6-12 years accompanied by elders/ guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates and 100% discount on Royalty.
- c) Full time STUDENTS below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall also be given a 25% discount on daily rates.
- d) A discount of 50% on daily rates shall be given to one person in a group of 11 to 15 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
- e) 50%discount on Royalty shall be provided after the 8th night and 100% discount on Royalty shall be provided after the 14th night.
- f) Visitors availing discounts under Sections A, B & C shall not be eligible for discount under E. Detailed information on Druk Air flights, tour and trekking programmes, festivals, places of interest, hotels etc can be obtained from the tour operators.
The 10% agency commission payable to agents abroad shall not be deductible from the surcharge. The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by TCB.
Other than Indian, Bangladeshis and Maldivian nationals, all visitors to Bhutan require a visa; all visas are issued from Thimphu; visas are only issued to tourists booked with a local licensed tour operator (e.g .Druk Eye Tours & Travels), directly or through a foreign travel agent. Your tourist visa applications will be submitted by us upon booking our package. Your Visa will be e-mailed to you 10 days prior to your arrival to Bhutan. The cost of visa is USD 40 per person (w.e.f 2013). At your point of entry the visa will be stamped in your passport.
Tour Programme booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows:
up to 90 days before arrival – US$ 100 administrative charge per participant
from 89th day to 30th day before arrival – 30% of the tourprice
from 29th day to 151th day before arrival – 50% of the tourprice
from 14th the to the arrival day or after arrival in Bhutan – 100% of the tourprice